Okume / Okumen
• Scientific name: Aucoumea klaineana
• Spanish: Okume, Okumen
Description of the wood
• Sapwood: White-grayish.
• Heartwood: Salmon pink.
• Fiber: Straight, interlaced or slightly wavy.
• May cause asthma.
• Sawing: Difficulties by repelling.
• Nailing and screwing: No problems.
• Finish: Previous treatment with pore caps
• Decorative veneers.
• Carpentry of 1nterior.
• Furniture and cabinetmaking.
• Pleasure boats.
• Resistance to static flexion 700 kg/cm2
• Elasticity module 77,500 kg/cm2
• Resistance to compression 380 kg/cm2
- Laminated squatting is being used abundantly in Europe for window carpentry