• Scientific name: Hymenaea spp
• Spanish: Jatoba. Courbaril
Description of the wood
• Sapwood: Pink white.
• Heartwood: Pinkish brown to reddish brown.
• Fiber: Straight, sometimes slightly intertwined
• Grain: Thin to medium.
• Characteristic Singularities: Growth stresses and stone scale.
• Sapwood: Moderately impregnable
• Heartwood: Little impregnable
• Sawing: No more problems than its hardness and those of its certain abrasiveness.
• Drying: Medium to slow. Slight risks of deformations and fendes.
• Planning: Difficult due to its hardness, abrasiveness and the risk of repelling in pieces with interlocking fiber. It is advisable to carry out the [Mecanización] very slowly.
• Gluing: Tannins hinder good adhesion.
• Nailing and screwing: Due to its hardness, it is advisable to make pre-drills.
• Finish: No special problems.
• Furniture and fine cabinetry of interoor and exterior.
• Turned and curved furniture.
• Interior carpentry, doors, stairs, cladding, mouldings, skirting boards, friezes, parquet.
• Exterior carpentry, doors and windows.
• Carpentry of assembly of interoor and exterior.
• Decorative plates.
• Resistance to static flexion 1,338 kg/cm2
• Elasticity module 180,000 kg/cm2>br />
• Resistance to compression 750 kg/cm2