• Scientist: Nauclea diderichii Merrill.
Sarcocephallus trillesii Pierre.
Nauclea gilletii Merrill.
• Spanish: Bllinga, belinga, aloma, badi, kusia, opepe.
Description of the wood
• Sapwood varies from whitish to light yellow.
• Lemon yellow heartwood in freshly cut wood. After exposure to the sun orange or old
gold • Fiber: Interspersed
• Grain: Medium
• Singularities: May present transverse breaks due to wind blows.
• Sapwood: Impregnable
• Heartwood: Moderately impregnable
• Hydraulic works
• Floors: industrial, parquet
• Cabinetry and furniture
• Veneers for decorative coatings
• Bottoms of trucks and wagons
• Containers to contain chemicals: acids
• Resistance to static flexion 1200 kg/cm2
• Elasticity module 131,000 kg/cm2
• Resistance to compression 630 kg/cm2
• Widely used in northern Europe for outdoor Decking.