• Scientific name: Betula pendula Roth, B. pubescens Ehrth
Description of the wood
• Sapwood and heartwood: yellowish white to soft orange white
• Fiber: Straight, occasionally wavy
• Grain: Thin
• Singularities: It may contain small knots and small shakes
• Sapwood: impregnable
• Heartwood: Not impregnable
• Sawing process: Easy and with no difficulties
• Drying process: Easy and Fast, with nearly no Singularities.
• Planning process: Easy.
• Gluing process: Easy.
• Nailing and screwing process: pre-drilling is recommended.
• Finish: Irregular dyeing. No difficulties on varnish taking.
• Decorative veneers and plywood boards
• Interior furniture
• Interior Carpentry: Flooring, friezes, doors, mouldings, etc.
• Structural Carpentry:
• Resistance to static flexion 1,548 kg/cm2
• Elasticity module 170,000 kg/cm2
• Resistance to compression 526 kg/cm2
To be considered
- It is a highly valued wood due to its light colour.