• Scientific name: Tsuga heterophylla Sarg.
• Spanish: Hemlock, Western Hemlock
Description of the wood
• Sapwood: Slightly whiter than heartwood
• Heartwood: Light brown
• Fiber: Straight, sometimes somewhat wavy
• Grain: Medium to coarse
• Characteristic Singularities: Small saltadizos knots.
• Sapwood: Moderately impregnable
• Heartwood: Little impregnable
• Sawing: Facli without difficulty
• Drying: Slow, but easy to perform, not being frequent Singularities of fendas or deformations
• Planning: No problems
• Gluing: No problems
• Nailing and screwing: No problems
• Finish: No problems
• Interior Carpentry and semi-exterior: Doors, windows, flooring, friezes, mouldings.
• Carpentry to assemble.
• Resistance to static flexion 780 kg/cm2
• Elasticity module 108,000 kg/cm2
• Resistance to compression 450 kg/cm2
• May have resin bags